- Staff urologist at the Department of Urology. Hospital Pablo Tobon Uribe. Medellín, Colombia. From 2006 to 2015.
- Staff urologist at the Department of Urology and head of functional urology and neuro-urology. CES university clinic. Since 2015
- Consultant urologist at the Department of Urogynecology. Bolivariana University Clinic. Since 2014
- Professor of Neurourology and Functional Urology. CES university. Medellín Colombia
- Urology program coordinator in undergraduate medicine. University Pontificia Bolivariana
- Member of the Neurourology promotion committee of the International continence Society (ICS) since 2015.
- Head of the Urodynamics and Pelvic floor working group at the American Urology Confederation (CAU) since 2014.
- Internationale Societe of Urologie (SIU) National delegate for Colombia since 2014.
- Former head or urodynamics and incontinence section of the Colombian urology society from 2013 to 2015.
Dr. Castaño currently works in the field of Functional Urology in the University Clinic of the CES in Medellín Colombia. He completed his urology residency at the same university in 2005. He has been working on education projects for the Colombian Urological Society in the Urodynamics and Incontinence Department (former chairman 2013/2015) also he is the current director of the working group on Urodynamics, pelvic floor and incontinence of the American Urology Confederation (CAU). He is an active member of the Neuro-Urology promotion committee of the International Continence Society.
He is internationally recognized for his work related to Neuromodulation and Neurostimulation on idiopathic and neurogenic lower urinary tract disfunction and continues to actively participate in the education of fellows and residents, lectures, clinical research, and publication in medical journals also as a reviewer for some indexed medical journal as Neurourology and urodynamics.
1985 - Pontificia Bolivariana University School. Primary
1991 - Pontificia Bolivariana University School. High School
1998- Pontificia Bolivariana University. Medical Degree
2005- CES University. Urology Degree
"Minimal morphological criteria for diagnosis of prostate cancer. Experience at the Pablo Tobon Uribe Hospital, Medellín, Colombia "
Awarded as best project at the National Congress of Pathology.Colombia. 2005.
Awarded as second place project in the mode of Oncology projects at the National Congress of Urology, Cali, Colombia. 2005.